Aug 25, 2012

Catrice Dirty Berry


I saw Dirty Berry numerous times in the store and it just did nothing for me. I thought the name was funny (there has got to be some sort of innuendo in there, right?), but a weird murky purple with silver shimmer? It didn't impress me at all under the mall lights. 

One night I happened upon a swatch of a purple scattered holo by Catrice and wondered how I'd never heard of this before. It's relatively hard to find any brand that even does holos here, especially in a drugstore. Yeah, it was this polish right there. The one that got a little giggle whenever I looked at the name, before I placed it back on the shelf. 

Needless to say, I had to go back and get it. So here we are:


Dirty Berry needs two coats for full opacity and the formula is great. It's neither thick nor runny and levels itself nicely. I do have to admit that the holo is kind of shy in this one. Bright sunlight is going to give you the best sparkles. 


These pictures are taken in direct sunlight. I love how deep this color looks and think it would work well in a galaxy mani, or paired with a nice grey for a more cozy look. 


On another note, the drugstore I like to go to is sporadically worried about people opening the packaging of cosmetics, especially the polish bottles. They then put their "little" barcode sticker on the bottle, and since those are not sticky enough (they are), wrap the whole thing in a bunch of clear tape. This is what I have to deal with after the epic fight of freeing my polish, not to mention the consequences of using my nails as tools.


I smothered this glue strip in acetone an it's still there, happily collecting dust and making my fingers sticky when I touch the bottle. How do I get rid of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment