Sep 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 13: Animal Print


We've reached day 13 of the 31 Day Challenge, and I decided to do leopard nails.


For the base color, I used a polish I got a while ago at our equivalent of a dollar store. It's a green jelly that is packed and packed with glitter. Above you see two coats in the sunlight.


Here's a close-up so you can see just how dense the glitter in this polish is. It sparkles like crazy  and feels less gritty than I expected. I see myself taking this out of my polish drawer again around Halloween.


For my leopard spots, I used China Glaze Surfin' for Boys and Midtown Magic. Leopard nails are actually one of the first nail art designs I made and they have a special part in my heart. They're just so easy to do and the color/finish combos are endless. 


I wanted to do something that really pops today, and I think I accomplished that :) Though they're probably not for everyone, I really like all the sparkle and glitter together with the neon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful are they :) And the choose of colors is great - it makes me think about Christmas straight away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've heard the Christmas thing about my polka dotted nails, too! Maybe I'm subconsciously obsessed with Christmas :) Thank you!

      Delete