Sep 17, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 17: Glitter


For glitter day, I pulled out an untried from months ago, Essence Time for Romance. I got it along with Blue Addicted (which I used on day 5). They're both jelly bases with multiple sizes and colors of glitter in them, but Time for Romance is a bit out of my polish comfort zone.
I used three coats for this mani, and it's still a little too sheer for me. Since this is my first mani with it, I wanted to see how it looks without anything under it, but in the future I'd layer this over a rosy color to get a more opaque finish. 
The base is filled with tiny pink and holographic glitter, and larger pink hex glitter. 


On my ring finger you can slightly see the tiny holographic glitter. This is one of those polishes that really come alive in the sun. I stamped it with Kiko #399 Silk Taupe and an image from BM-317. 

More pictures after the cut!





What do you think of Time for Romance and my little Valentine's Day mani in September?

Glitter was one of the days I looked forward to the most when I first saw the themes of the challenge, I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! That stamp and that polish are soulmates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a really cute description, you're right! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This would be a cute idea for valentine's day, you're right. I can also see what you mean by being sheer, but I actually think the sheer works well with the glitter (makes it look multi dimensional). Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, the multi dimensional look is something special about jellies with glitter! :)

      Delete