Sep 20, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 20: Water Marble


I'm sorry I have to post this. I really tried, but water marbling is just not my thing. I've tried it so many times, so many polishes, all different kinds of water.. it doesn't work. 
This is actually my best attempt yet, including the bunched up polish around the edges, splotches, bubbles and all.
The polishes I used were Essie Borrowed & Blue, Turquoise & Caicos and Kiko #340. As a base I painted on a coat of Sally Hansen White On. I love how the colors look together, maybe someday someone more skilled will do this properly :D


In other news, a nice reader pointed out that I didn't have google friend connect, so after a bit of fiddling, now you can follow me there! I always thought it would be hard to add to the blog and the only thing that came up when I googled it was that gfc was shut down earlier this year. Classic case of making things more complicate than they are, since I only had to add that little widget :D I hope this is going to make it easier for you to see my manis, and if there are any other suggestions, please let me know! I love to hear from you, it seriously makes my day! 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad i could help! I love how this watermarble turned out))) You're crazy for saying it doesn't look right! We see tons of little imperfections in our manis, because the pictures are huge; but irl people will see it and go WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, but at that point, I wasn't up for marbling the other hand again. I just took it off and moved on :D

      Delete