Sep 24, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 24: Inspired by a Book


Wow, we've reached day 24 already! Time is flying by and I'm starting to wonder if I'm even able to come up with my own manis again after this challenge is over! I guess I'll worry about that in 5 days, and for now, show you my "inspired by a book" nails.

I'm a bit late to the Game of Thrones party. I never even heard about it before the series, and even after I watched the first season back to back (twice), it took some time for me to get the first book and read it. The book series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire", with the first installment being "A Game of Thrones". 

Obviously, these are icy nails. For one, because I have a pretty warm mani planned for one of the next days and also because I found my favorite light blue polish. Behold, China Glaze Kinetic Candy:


This is two coats in the sun. I am madly in love with this. It's a bit thick, but otherwise the formula is great and the color is perfect. Baby blue, hinting towards the greener side and with a bit of grey. 


I stamped snowflake images (BM-323 & BM-319) on it and sponged around the egdes with Sally Hansen White On, for a frosty look. I'm glad nobody seemed to mind that I had these wintery nails, even though it still barely gets below 30 degrees C here.


The Direwolf is an important part of the Mythology in A Game of Thrones, especially of House Stark. I used balck and white acrylic paint to paint it on my middle finger. This is the first time I even attempted any sort of nail design with acrylic paint, so it took a while and unfortunately, the sun set already when I was done. 
I'm really happy with how it came out though, and that my Essence Better Than Gel Nails top coat didn't smudge anything. 


I had a lot of fun creating this mani, and I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Love Game of Thrones, and your nails go with it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool I knew what they based on before I read the text , they are fab books :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a great compliment! I can't wait to read the next books :)

      Delete