Oct 9, 2012

Essence I'm so very - swatch


I was so excited last week when I saw that the new Essence polishes arrived over here! I got only two colors at first, because I didn't know how they would turn out. Now that I've tried one, I think I'll have to go back and get all of them! Today I'm showing you Essence I'm so very.


I'm so very is a rusty dark orange color, and originally I only picked this one because I thought it would be a nice color for fall. I'm not usually so keen on any shade of orange, but I'm warming up to them very quickly. This shade really helps with that :D  I was so surprised by how much I loved it when I put it on. It came out a little darker than I had anticipated, and ended up looking more like a red with a rusty touch to it on me. I was always a very blue-based red kind of girl, so this just blew my mind! 


Apart from the great color, the formula is fantastic! It's smooth an extremely self leveling, not runny at all without being thick and the opacity is amazing. I used two coats here to eliminate any traces of visible nail line, but if that doesn't bother you or you have shorter nails, you can definitely get away with only one coat! I can't say anything about the drying time, because I always use fast rying top coat (inm Out the Door in this case).


I really like the new bottle design, and don't mind paying a couple of cents more for 8ml of product vs. 5ml in the old bottle. The new, wider brush also seems a little stiffer than what I'm used to, but it's nothing that really takes away from the great polish. Another nice thing about the bottle is that you feel it "click" once you closed it completely. I find additions like that really thought- and helpful. The only worry I have is how much product I'll be able to get out of it once I run low. The neck is pretty long, so I imagine a lot of polish can get lost that way. 

I took a couple more pics because I love this color so much :)



What do you think about the new Essence range? I only picke up cremes this time, so I'll probably get something with glitter or shimmer in it soon. Is there any polish you think I absolutely need to have? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment